EduTechGuys is a high intensity rollercoaster ride of super fun which takes mortal form in the two distinct entities which are David Henderson and Jeff Madlock. Crafted in the fires of Mt. Wannahockaluggie, these two self-proclaimed high priests of edtech first started navigating the world of educational technology on the web through a podcast, over a ravine in a rain storm in 2015 (Sharkbait, ooh ha ha). Since then the two have traveled the nation bringing their joy for silly puns and more importantly sharing the journey of each educator they encounter. The guys enjoy sharing all the wild and crazy edtech ideas that bounce into their sandbox with teachers, administrators, students and parents.
Weekly, Live online podcasts
EduTechGuys produces a weekly, live online radio podcast. They started in June 2015 and have featured many guests. The following guests have appeared on EduTechGuys Radio (alphabetical order by last name):
- Hope Allen, Director of Student Assessment, Arkansas Dept of Education
- Josh Apter, Padcaster
- Justin Baeder, Founder, Principal Institute
- Phoebe Bailey, Director, Southwest Arkansas Education Cooperative (SWAEC)
- Karen Balbier, Host of Edutech Lunch Chat and Chew
- Dr. Jim Beeghley, Education Technology Consultant, Civil War Expert
- Steve Bevilacqua
- Chad Brinkley, Education Consultant (also: here)
- Dave Burgess, Teach Like a Pirate
- Richard Byrne, Free Stuff 4 Educators
- Veronica Chase, McMillville Assistant Principal
- Greg Conley
- Harry Dickens, Education Consultant, Corwin Author
- Sabra Eaton, Technology Integration Innovator, co-founder #ArkEdChat
- Paul Eichen, Rokenbok
- Stony Evans, Teacher, Speaker, Makerspace Leader
- David Geurin, Principal, Bolivar High School, Missouri
- Dr. Kelly Gillespie
- Susan Gilley, Google Certified Trainer, Google Apps guru
- Jon Goldberg, Padcaster
- Karen Haase
- Bobby Hart, Supt, Hope Public Schools
- Kevin Honeycutt, International Keynote Speaker and Presenter
- Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Chad Freeman
- Scott Higinbotham (2016 AESA Conference)
- Matt Jones, GoGuardian Admins
- Andrea Keller, Instructional Technology Specialist, “BusyBee”
- Frank Kobuszewski, VP of Technology CXTec
- Dan Koch, #EdTechAfterDark
- Zac Leonard, #EdTechAfterDark
- Rebecca Lewis (2016 AESA Conference)
- Ginger Lewman, PBL Guru, Keynote Speaker
- Jerry Maze (2016 AESA Conference)
- Justin McKean, SunGard
- Monica Morris, Teacher Center Coordinator, SWAEC
- Eric Nephew, 2 Nerds and a PC
- Anthony Owen, Arkansas’s State Coordinator of Computer Science
- Otis Pierce (2016 AESA Conference)
- Ray Richards (2016 AESA Conference)
- Will Richardson, Keynote Speaker For Education PD
- Mark Schlaudt, 2 Nerds and a PC
- Tyler Shaddix, GoGuardian Teachers
- Ryan Stanley (2016 AESA Conference)
- Raymond Storm (AESA 2016 Conference)
- Alex Stubenbort, #EdTechAfterDark
- Jennifer Tiller (2016 AESA Conference)
- Sarah Thomas, EduMatch
- Bruce Umpstead
- Vincent Verassi
- Dr. Joan Wade (2016 AESA Conference)
- Jeff West (2016 AESA Conference)
- Kimberly Wright, EduTech Leader
- Dr. Steve Wycoff (2016 AESA Conference)
- Ginger Lewman and Tammy Feller (2016 AESA Conference)
- Jim Dexter, Nancy DeStefano and Anthony Muller (2016 AESA Conference)
Live conference and event coverage
The guys have also broadcast LIVE from the following conference and events:
- Corwin Student Voice Institute, 2-day live coverage of event, June 2015
- Dr. Russ Quaglia, Dr. William Bender, Harry Dickens, Laura Besser, Phoebe Bailey, Monica Morris, Brad Rogers, Angie Raney, Bill Hogland, Chad Morris, Roy Turner, and more!
- JAMF User Nation Conference, Live from Guthrie Theater, October 2015
- AESA 2015 National Conference, 2-day live coverage of event, December 2015
- Renee Smith, Ginger Lewman, Stan Wisler, Robert Dillon, Deb Myers, James Dexter, Dr John Vandewalle, Pam McCartney, Kate Povejsil, Kevin Gilpin, Beth Kabes, Jason Hiruo, Dave van Spenkeren, Jim Rickabaugh, Kathy Stewart, Jane Seward, Julia Winer, Mike Cook, Jacob Bruno, Brian Talbott, Ray Richards, Peter Young, Sally Lindren, and more!
- “Hour of Code” Spring Hill School, Arkansas, 1-day live coverage of event, December 2015
- Arkansas Conference of Technology, 2-day live coverage of event, January 2016
- Aspasia Pettaras, Jennifer Bell, Darrell Parks, HP Enterprises, and more!
- LevelUp! Conference, Texarkana, AR – June 7, 2016 – Breakout session presentations (two)
- SWAEC Professional development, Hope, AR – June 14, 2016 – 3-hour workshop
- HSTI, Hot Springs, AR – June 15-16, 2016 – Live Coverage PLUS a Breakout Session!
- Arkansas Conference of Technology – October 19-21, 2016 – Live Coverage!
- SWOW – Schools WithOut Walls – November 6-7, 2016, Hot Springs, AR- Live Coverage!
- AESA 2016 National Conference, Savannah, GA – November 30-December 3, 2016 – Live Coverage!
- FETC, Orlando FL – January 24-27, 2017 – Live Coverage!
- SAU (Southern Arkansas University) Magnolia Robot Competition – Feb 1, 2017 – UPCOMING Live Coverage!
Live event coverage includes discussion about various breakout sessions, interviews with presenters about their sessions, talks with attendees regarding sessions attended and/or opinions about the event, vendor “pop-ins” with brief overviews and booth information.
Professional Development/Workshop Sessions
Professional Development/Workshop Sessions are delivered to educators in 1-, 3-, or 6-hour programs. Longer programs can be developed for even more in-depth training on using podcasting in education.
- Schools Without Walls (SWOW) – 1 hour overview session, “EduTechGuys LIVE! Create fun, live, online broadcasts with your students as stars!”
- Southwest Arkansas Education Cooperative – “Podcasting in the Classroom“
Stick around, and don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS feed!