EduTechGuys is a high intensity rollercoaster ride of super fun which takes mortal form in the two distinct entities which are David Henderson and Jeff Madlock. Crafted in the fires of Mt. Wannahockaluggie, these two self-proclaimed high priests of edtech first started navigating the world of educational technology on the web through a podcast, over a ravine in a rain storm in 2015 (Sharkbait, ooh ha ha). Since then the two have traveled the nation bringing their joy for silly puns and more importantly sharing the journey of each educator they encounter. The guys enjoy sharing all the wild and crazy edtech ideas that bounce into their sandbox with teachers, administrators, students and parents.
Weekly, Live online podcasts
EduTechGuys produces a weekly, live online radio podcast. We started in June 2015 and have featured many guests. The following guests have appeared on EduTechGuys Radio (alphabetical order by last name):
Live conference and event coverage (Linked items: Audio available online)
The guys have also broadcast LIVE from the following conference and events:
- 2018 – Past and Upcoming Events
- FETC 2018, Orlando, FL – January 23-26, 2018
- EAST Conference, Hot Springs, AR – March 2018
- HSTI, Hot Springs, AR – June 2018
- FETC, Orlando FL – January 24-27, 2017
- SAU (Southern Arkansas University) Magnolia Robot Competition – Feb 1, 2017
- Innovation Institute at Har-Bur High School, Springdale AR – June 7-8, 2017
- HSTI – Hot Springs, AR – June 14-16, 2017
- TCCA – Aldine ISD, Houston TX – October 7, 2017
- Arkansas Conference of Technology – North Little Rock, AR – October 18-20, 2017
- AESA 2017 National Conference – San Antonio, TX – Nov 29-Dec 2, 2017
- Robotics Exhibition – SAU (Southern Arkansas University), Magnolia, AR – Dec 5, 2017
- Arkansas Conference of Technology, 2-day live coverage of event, January 2016
- LevelUp! Conference, Texarkana, AR – June 7, 2016 – Breakout session presentations (two)
- SWAEC Professional development, Hope, AR – June 14, 2016 – 3-hour workshop
- HSTI, Hot Springs, AR – June 15-16, 2016 – Live Coverage PLUS a Breakout Session!
- Arkansas Conference of Technology – October 19-21, 2016 – Live Coverage!
- SWOW – Schools WithOut Walls – November 6-7, 2016, Hot Springs, AR- Live Coverage!
- AESA 2016 National Conference, Savannah, GA – November 30-December 3, 2016 – Live Coverage!
- Corwin Student Voice Institute, 2-day live coverage of event, June 2015
- JAMF User Nation Conference, Live from Guthrie Theater, October 2015
- AESA 2015 National Conference, 2-day live coverage of event, December 2015
- “Hour of Code” Spring Hill School, Arkansas, 1-day live coverage of event, December 2015
Live event coverage includes discussion about various breakout sessions, interviews with presenters about their sessions, talks with attendees regarding sessions attended and/or opinions about the event, vendor “pop-ins” with brief overviews and booth information.
Professional Development/Workshop Sessions
Professional Development/Workshop Sessions are delivered to educators in 1-, 3-, or 6-hour programs. Longer programs can be developed for even more in-depth training.
- Schools Without Walls (SWOW) – 1 hour overview session, “EduTechGuys LIVE! Create fun, live, online broadcasts with your students as stars!”
- Southwest Arkansas Education Cooperative – “Podcasting in the Classroom“
- “Social Media for Classrooms, Buildings, and Districts”
- “Podcasting in Your Classroom”
- “What can You Do With Chromebooks Anyway!?”
- “Edupreneurship: Making money on the side doing what you already do!”
- “Escape Your Classroom: Escape Room Activities”
- “Internet Security, Digital Footprints”
- “Read It, Write It, Record it: Google Collaboration, Podcasting, Video Creation”
Stick around, and don’t forget to subscribe to our RSS feed!