FETC 2018 is underway! It’s Day One. You’ve registered. You got your comfy shoes on. Breakfast is in the books. Now what!?
If you downloaded the app, and already made your schedule, you’re halfway there (oh, oh, livin on a prayer!) 😉
Remember, this isn’t a race, it’s a marathon.
Here are a few helpful tips to get the most out of FETC!
- If you haven’t already, GRAB THE APP! It’s the “Swiss Army Knife” of FETC! You can find events, schedule your sessions, connect with others and so much more!
- Share, share, share! If you’re not on Twitter, you’re not on Twitter. That’s a bad thing. Do yourself and your colleagues a favor, get a Twitter account and document at 140 characters or less (280, if you are one of those radicals). Share everything that’s important to you. If it’s important to you, it’s important to your students and colleagues!
- Have a plan, even if you just jot it down on a napkin! Know where you are gonna go, when it starts, and why it is important to you. FETC is here to expand your mind and make you a better educator.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Don’t pick sessions that are familiar to you. Find the ones that are going to elevate your knowledge. Pick topics that intimidate you!
- It’s time to network! We’re not talking about the free wi-fi here. At FETC, you never meet a stranger. You find a long-distance colleague. Put yourself out there and make a new Twitter pen pal (refer back to #1!).
- Now that you’ve hit your stride, it’s time to hit the exhibits! This is your chance to find the products and services that best fit your vision for the technology integration that you’ve come here to develop. Plus, you get FREE stuff!! Don’t be afraid to grab the goodies. They want you to have them and don’t want to ship them back home!
- Enhance your narrative! Take this opportunity to add a chapter to the story of your educational journey. Motivate and challenge your students to create or expand theirs.
Whether it’s your first first day or your tenth first day of FETC, the enormous amount of information can be overwhelming. With a little planning, some collaboration, and the occasional “excuse me, can you help me,” this will be your new favorite or it will be the best FETC ever!
No matter what, stop by our table to ask a question, have a quick chat or just to say HI! Tweet out to us @edutechguys (Again, refer #1).